Ernestine La Rustine
Saturday 1 July 2023
Departure time: 10:00 am
If you’ve got legs of steel, launch an attack on the 65-kilometre route with our resident athlete, Ernestine. Your efforts will be rewarded with festive refreshments, including a break from the grind when you visit the animals at Doué-la-Fontaine zoo!
|65 km||Mostly on the road|
Average amount of incline
Views of countryside landscapes, picturesque villages and vineyards
City crossed : Saumur, Saint-Hilaire-Saint-Florent, Verrie, Rou-Marson, Les Ulmes, Meigné, Forges, Doué-en-Anjou, Montfort, Courchamps, Le Coudray-Macouard, Artannes-sur-Thouet, Saint-Just-sur-Dive, Saumoussay,Bellevigne-les-Châteaux, Chacé, Chaintres, Saumur, Cizay-la-Madeleine.
Quelques découvertes à faire en route
|The Doué zoo & its animals||Charming tufa towns|
|The famous Doué arenas||A friendly wine estate|
|If you see this, you’ve overindulged in the good stuff.|
What your ticket includes
- A gorgeous saddle bag and a tasting glass
- A passport giving you access to seven check points, including one where you can refuel with a hot lunch. After all your hard work on the bike, you’ll be able to try regional specialities during these stops.
- Access to incredible sites, so keep your eyes peeled and drink in the views!
- The sound of music groups will get you dancing. Listen carefully and you’ll hear notes of swing music floating through the hillsides.
Don't forget your water bottle !
Anjou Vélo Vintage comitts to organise a greener event. Plastic bottles will be removed and replaced by water points.
If you want your water bottle bearing the events colours, you can buy it at preferential rate when you register at the routes. Or, you can bring your own on D-day.
- Registration for route with saddle bag, lunch and acess to check points: 44€ (41€ for members of French Bike Federation)
- Registration for route with saddle bag, lunch and acess to check points , and a branded water bottle : 55€ (52€ for members of French Bike Federation)
Warning for the Ernestine route !
Before riding the Ernestine route, you need to get ready physically. Suitable for serious cyclists only!
Ernestine's favorite check-point : The Doué zoo
Dear cyclists, you are going to cross the Bioparc, the only "troglodyte" zoo in the world, with more than 1400 animals in an exceptional natural setting! A unique opportunity to immortalize your equipment and your retro outfit with an animal selfie !